March 25, 2015
The CROP walk will be held on Sunday
! CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by local volunteers to raise funds to end hunger. The walk is a four mile stroll along the streets of Chapel Hill and Carrboro and through the UNC campus. A shorter route also is available. Registration begins at 1:30 and the walk kicks off from Carrboro Town Commons at 2:30. A celebration with food and music will follow the walk's successful completion.
The Chapel Hill/Carrboro CROP Hunger Walk supports hunger relief efforts globally and locally. Church World Service, established in 1946, distributes 75% of the money to hunger programs, refugees, disaster relief, and self-help projects in more than 80 countries. The remaining 25% stays in Carrboro and Chapel Hill to support the IFC's food programs. During the past 25 years, over $1 million has been raised by the Chapel Hill/Carrboro CROP Hunger Walk to support IFC's hunger relief efforts.
How can you help this year’s CROP walk?
- Register after masses this month to walk! You will receive a donor pledge form to solicit sponsor donations from family members, friends, co-workers and neighbors.
- Buy a CROP t-shirt for $5 after mass this month! Proceeds benefit the InterFaith Council.
- Support Team St. Thomas More with a donation!